2021 has been a significant year for BUY MY SNEAKER. It was the year that allowed us to finally operate on the level that we always wanted to.
To kick off this new chapter for our brand, we gave our company a complete revamp. We completely changed our marketing strategies, branding, and overall presence. This new milestone meant that we were also able to begin development on a new platform that we initially envisioned when the BMS marketplace was put together.
With all that we had going on, it was our plan to host a unique event by the end of the year to reintroduce BMS to the world. To our delight, right around the time that we had begun planning an event, we were approached by Häagen-Dazs to collaborate on an event together.
It was a privilege for our company to be recognised by such a huge brand that is so well-known all over the world for its delicious ice cream. This collaboration worked so well because we were able to find the perfect way for our brands to work alongside each other.
EXCLUSIVE SNEAKERS AND PREMIUM ICE CREAM
We planned the collaboration around the following concepts:
- Everybody loves ice cream, and everybody loves sneakers.
- Both brands offer a premium product, and that is how we made it work.
- Date: Saturday, 13 November 2021
- Location: Johannesburg, Mall of Africa, Häagen-Dazs Store
WE TOOK OVER THE HÄAGEN-DAZS STORE
Häagen-Dazs allowed us to completely take over and redesign their entire store’s space with our artwork and decor.
We showcased well over R1,000,000 worth of limited and exclusive sneakers which was the main feature of the day. Everyone who attended just couldn’t resist.
J'SOMETHING WAS PART OF OUR TEAM
The legend, J’Something attended the event as part of our team, and made the experience even more special for everyone.
SNEAKER LAB CLEANING STATION
Sneaker Lab produce some of the best products for taking care and cleaning your sneakers. They were happy to come through and set up a cleaning station to make sure that our guests’ sneakers were fresh.
We set up a photo booth to give our guests some memories to take home with them. Get a photo and get a cool printout with a magnet for your fridge.
OUR AMAZING GUESTS
We had a lot of amazing guests that came through, had a good time and enjoyed some delicious Häagen-Dazs ice cream.
We had a raffle going throughout the day, and at the end, J’Something hosted the draw and handed some fresh new Jordans to a few lucky guests.
THE MOST DELICIOUS ICE CREAM
When it comes to ice cream, there’s no brand better than Häagen-Dazs. Guests were treated to some amazing treats.
EARLY PRESENTATION OF THE NEW BMS 2.0 APP
But most importantly, we had a beta version of our brand new mobile app, that had been in development for an entire year, on display and we presented guests with an early look of what was to come.
WHAT WE BROUGHT TO THE TABLE
This was our first major event. We knew that we had to show people what our brand is about and what we’re trying to accomplish going forward. We also had to live up to the high standard and expectation that came with weight of working with such an incredible brand like Häagen-Dazs.
Our contribution to the event was as follows:
- All the marketing and advertising material.
- All the branding, artwork and prints.
- J’Something, Kim Jayde, Courtnae Paul, and all the other amazing VIP guests were part of our guest list.
- Provided 3 exclusive sneakers worth R10,000 to give away.
- Developed custom software to run the giveaway.
- Custom displays and decor.
- Showcased over R1,000,000 worth of exclusive sneakers.
- Got our friends from Sneaker Lab to come through.
- We announced our collaboration with Sneaker Lab and gave out hundreds of complimentary products from the collab.
- Got the talented team from Hunting For Kicks to come and cover the sneakers at the event.
- Arranged the photo booth feature.
- Introduced our brand new line of products, the BMS Sneaker Crates.
- Set up a small demonstration which allowed visitors to interact with a special pair of sneakers.
Häagen-Dazs honoured us by allowing us to take over their entire store for the day, handed out some hampers, and kept all the visitors satisfied with some the most delicious ice cream treats throughout the day.
Overall, the event was extremely successful and the outcome was incredible. We had well over 500 guests who showed up and over 400 giveaway entries.
Since the event, we’ve been getting so many questions about when the next event will be, as well as other brands looking to get involved with us, however, we want these types of events to be exclusive and we will only host another when we feel that we can bring something fresh and unique to the table.
For the most part, we are just so grateful to everyone who supported us and made our event such a huge success. We promise to always do our best to contribute as much as possible to the sneaker culture and community.